Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Value only needed

Phnom Penh: In case I was asked “what is the most important in my life?” Then, I would quickly response that “It is Life. Without life, there is nothing.”

Of course, it is nature that people need breathe to survive. And it is very logical that people are selfish. That would be impossible for those who tend to hurt themselves for the others. There is someone I would say. But I would still oppose that those volunteers may have their hidden agenda settings behind the scene.
It is hurt but I am more happy.

For example, a mother devote her life for the kid. Then, the question is “Does the mother still selfish?” I would definitely claim that “Yes! She is still selfish. Because she values her kid equally her life. So, she devote life for her kid mean that she devote for her life again. It is just a circle.

But how about sharing for the unknown person? Would you donate your blood for the stranger? If you disagree with me that people are not that selfish. This is not asking for your breathe but just a blood that needed to save patients; but then again, how many people would donate?
This is my blood. I am in group B+

In Cambodia, there are about 14.5 Millions according to World Health Organization (WHO) 2012 report. And there is only needed 1% of the population to be a regular volunteer blood donor to save their people for the nation.

However, up to August 2013, the report from WHO again, there is about 0.34% of the volunteer blood donors while some victims and patients are starving for blood to survive. I was experienced about asking people to donate blood and then I was asked back that Why I need to donate? I should have cared my health.

Because of this reason, I called people selfish. But selfish in here is not about right or wrong, bad or good, just it is how it is. Maybe they are very individualist or isolated. I don’t know, I just wonder how they value the thing or they prioritize the stuff only when they need.

Have they ever imagine that when their beloved need blood to survive and they can’t help those ones. Will they ask for help? How do they think when there is no help?

I would suggest people to share each other such as knowledge, experience and even blood. If you are not in healthy, the experts (doctor) would not allow to do so. There is no worry on your health. And if you have no any intentions to donate. Fine! Just please do not discourage the others to participate for their society. Don’t just value only the needed, and ignore your help to contribute for other.  

4th time of Volunteer blood donation.
So, when is your turn?
I have donated my blood 4 times already. Among 4 time-donations, 2 times, I have sent to the children who have Thalassaemia (the disease that cause patients need blood every month to survive). Hence, I am willing to be one of the volunteer blood donor. 

Addition to the end that I have using my professionalism as a media person to volunteer write articles for the National Blood Transfusion Center (NBTC) for publishing. I share to the needed people, no matter they are Buddhist, Christian, black or white.








2 comments:

  1. Brilliant!!!
    I have little comment in term of technical writing as the letter is so small for me. Though I think that the content is rather theoretical, it is truth. If this society is having such people as many as you are, this society would be in more peace and humanity. Sorry if my comment badly affect to others.
    Love the way of ur writing anyway. Go forward. Kept moving on. Your writing will be inspired sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Molika,
    Thanks so much for your beautiful comments. Well! I accept that the fond is quite as I am on the process of changing the theme and template of this blog. I am going to enlarge it soon. Here is the response to the technical.

    Also, about concept, people are unique. therefore, i don't expect people follow my concept but i do hope that they would have common sense in helping and sharing each other.

    And for sure, I am willing to keep recording my moment in this blog. at least it remains something for the readers.

    I hope I did response all your comments. And i am very welcome to get more interact from you.
    Regard,

    ReplyDelete