Monday, August 26, 2013

How amazing my life is …

PHNOM PENH:Every Khmer citizen shall be equal before the law, enjoying the same rights … social status, wealth or other status.” According to (the constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia, 1993). However, in the reality, the practical seems different. Some people especially the elder still value to the man. They are more likely encourage the man to get further education, take decision, and be a leader, etc.

One of the housework.
The most painfully is that lady still asks to adopt to the housework. If you were born as a Cambodian girl, then you are expected to be able to do housework besides study and outside work. And if you cannot commit these things well. You might be blamed as a poor management girl or the lazy one.

You might find it amazing or unbelievable but it is obvious.

Unlike, I could say I was born dissimilar from others. Not that completely different but I can swear it is different. Also, I was told that I am a lucky person among other girls.
First and foremost, I have a very kind mother who always keeps encourage to focus only on study. Even she had a low education and has limited ability to work but she have a very beautiful heart inside.

This is my parents.
Try your best to learn, after you know everything. You can hire a housemate for doing non-stop housework for you.” My mom said to me when I was young.
She also added that “See! I was not value. I have no enough right to take decision.” These words have reminded me since then.

The last and the most importantly, my hands have disease that it always get wet (seems like sweat) and during the windy time (autumn), both hands and feet change the skins. And sometimes it hurts me on the bottom of each finger with the red points.

I, then was sent to dermatology clinic, doctor advices my parents that my skin principally hands are very sensitive with the chemical mainly detergent.

My hand after washing the clothes.
injured by Soft-drink cover
I was not allowed to wash the dishes, clothes or clean the house. Also, my skin is very soft and thin. I am easy to get injure and hardly get cure. Doctor confirmed my dad.
Wow! Awesome! How amazing my life is! Since then, I am free out of those housework while I have two older brothers and they are more likely in charge of cooking, cleaning and stuff.

Hence, up to now, aged 24, I could say that I can do all the housework as the other but I rarely do it and I can’t do it good as the others. Honestly, sometimes I get sad. I blame myself that I should be done it but I can’t. anyway, it is just sometimes and most of the time, I am really enjoy with what I can’t achieve as this human being does not prefer the perfect in everything.

Love you mom! Your encouragement pushes me all these achievements today. Thanks for everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment