Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Media memoir


When I was young, I seemed a blank paper. I did not know where to go and even what to do, just a little girl. Nevertheless, everyday my surrounding people inspired me by their personal habits especially my father. He loved listening to the radio so much. He turned it on almost every second all the day long. Therefore, every night, I always heard the daily news, fairy-tale, songs, and so on. Then, I automatically adapted to love radio by chance.

After I turned to 16 year-old, I got a part time job as a radio presenter unexpectedly. Actually, I did know nothing at that time beside my studied. However, since I used to listen to radio such a long period of time by my father and having such a talkative talent, I was able to run the show smoothly.

Later than a few months of being in the radio station, I figured out that I love media career in the way that it played the main role in society changing peacefully. Also, one of my producers performed really well in her work as a media practitioner. She showed me the Media’s value nowadays in my country as well as the world; particularly, she taught me the way of having a critical thinking. Thus, from that on, I built up my mind keeping her as my idol. Then, I committed myself to be a media person someday.

In this moment, some parts of my dream succeed in this field. I got the abroad exchange programs, international media conference, etc. Last but not least, I strongly believe that media’s field is very fit to me. What I am supposed to do right away is that keep improving myself, and then make the positive change for my community’s development.  

This is the article that I was supposed to write as my first homework when I join Effective Communication Training in Chiang Mai, Thailand 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment